Friday, July 22, 2005

Preparing for the first 10K

I never thought I'd ever take up running. My interest in it started about a year ago. The main motivation was keeping fit and weight control, specially now that I'm not getting any younger :)

And now a year after, it has become almost a non-negotiable part of my day. Getting up at 5:00 AM, putting on the gears and heading out for running, when the most of the rest of the world is sleeping, takes a lot of discipline and mental toughness. I feel good about it. Although I have to admit I've not really been 100% regular.

I recently signed up for a 10K race that is held annually in Leesburg, VA. Since it's my first one, I'm looking forward to it. I would like to concentrate on finishing it strong. I'm not planning to set a time goal or personal record (PR) but I think I can complete it within an hour. Will see how it goes.

Lance Armstrong is my hero so I would like to finish this post with two words. Live strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home