Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The ups and downs

For the past few weeks I have been increasing the mileage of my weekend long run steadily. Couple of weekends ago, on saturday, I completed my first 9 miler on WOD trail(http://www.wodfriends.org/) in 2 hours. Felt great to discover that I was actually capable of doing a 9 miler. On tuesday, I went for my 5 mile tempo, ignoring little bit of pain that I was experiencing on the outer side of my left foot. I figured the pain was nothing to be bothered about, since I already had quite a bit of rest over the last couple of days. Guess what? It got worse and despite the RICE (Rest Ice Compress Elevate) treatment I have been laid low for last couple of weeks.

Now I know what they mean when they say "Listen to your body" :-(

Since I'm not being able to run, I'm focussing more on strength training (something that I was ignoring in favor of running for quite a while) and more importantly I'm getting more time to spend time with my baby who seems to be in the most cheerful mood in the morning.

Don't they also say "Every cloud has a silver lining". :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home