Thursday, February 23, 2006

The inertia

I went for a run this morning after almost three weeks. And boy, did it feel good!!

Why the gap, you ask? Well, I haven’t really been doing well. The month began all right but then I started feeling some pain in my chest. I didn’t think it was serious but I didn’t want to take any chances either. The physician asked me to take it easy for couple of weeks.

During one of those weeks my tooth started giving me trouble. They (my teeth) have always been my achilles heel (I am not sure if I can use that metaphor but you get the point). I could probably buy a lifetime supply of toothpaste with the amount of money that I have spent on them. I finally caved in and had it extracted. The surgeon asked me to take it easy for couple of weeks.

I guess you know what happens when you take it easy for such a long time. The inertia builds in and it forces you continue taking it easy. It took me almost four days to fight it off. The good thing about the inertia, though, is that it works both ways. Now that I’ve started again, I’m hoping it will force me to continue running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home